Monday, June 9, 2008

It's Earth Week! This Ripper is No Rip-Off!


In the interest of saving the environment this week, let's look at some innovative energy saving appliances. Haven't you always been curious about the appliances we use and how we might make them more energy efficient? You haven't? Well, to hell with you, earth killer!

Anyway, with the current oil crisis, there's a crucial need to make everything more energy efficient. Take cars, for instance. We are now making electric cars and hybrid cars. One can only imagine how this industry would look today had Congress or the President actually done something to encourage it. I guess they feared we would face the same economic disaster that we suffered when the oil industry was forbidden to sell leaded gas, or when the auto industry had to equip all of our cars with catalytic converters and airbags. Remember how horrible those days were?

Oh well. Let's not second guess our elected representatives. I'm sure they meant well. After all, hindsight is 20/20. If they had mandated the manufacture of hybrids or electric cars, we would be using so much less gas that the price would more certainly drop. But heck! Paying $4.50 a gallon is fun! Gives us all something to talk about, doesn't it?

Anyway, let's turn off the blame hose for now and think about those things we CAN change. Our first energy efficient device replaces that costly, fuel burning shredder. As you know, shredders are very popular now, especially with companies that have severe bookkeeping issues. The sub prime lender market created a huge demand for shredders. Hey, if I was a mortgage company, I wouldn't want people to know all the tricks I used to make a bundle and then leave the American homeowner in jeopardy. I would be buying a whole fleet of those shredders.

But shredders require a lot of energy. After all, they turn a single sheet of paper into thousands of pieces of confetti. You can just imagine having to do that work by hand -- it would take you all day to shred one piece of paper. That's why these things use up lots of energy. Most of them work on electricity but as you know, electricity isn't exactly cheap these days. That's why we need an alternative.

So, appliance No 1. is a brand new, cost efficient shredder. But don't call it a shredder. It's a "Tearer-in-Two-Er." Unlike the conventional shredder, it doesn't expend all that energy turning every piece of paper into zillions of strips of unrecognizable confetti. It simply tears the paper in two pieces. That's what you do at home anyway. You don't sit there with a pair of scissors, cutting up each sheet into teeny tiny strips, right?

Try it yourself! See how much less energy is used with the "Tearer-In-Two-Er." That's why this is such a great invention. Any questions? I didn't think so. You'll love the "Tearer-in-Two-Er!" I guarantee it. See you tomorrow!

No comments: